This board is closed

Please see
Tinnitus and Hyperacusis Community Board

Note: This topic is locked. No new replies will be accepted.

  Author   Comment  

I get fullness/vibration/pain in my left ear the has t and h.  I discovered  this ear is the most reactive to voices, including mine and the daily noises of life.  My ear was hurting today so I put my custom maximum protection plug in and it felt immediately better. I was thinking of buying custom attenuating earplugs (musician earplugs) that would enable me you use decibel filters. My thinking is that this would relieve me of the discomfort that I get on a daily basis when I step out the door and prevent further damage.  


Mark, I apologize for getting some of the participants here confused, but have you undergone a complete work-up and had an accurate diagnosis made by a clinician who is knowledgeable and experienced in tinnitus, hyperacusis, etc?

If not, I think that should be your next step.


PS - You are not doing further damage when you step outside!

Previous Topic | Next Topic

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

DISCLAIMER:  This board is for the purpose of education, discussion, and support.  Information found here should not substitute for appropriate consultations with qualified medical professionals.  Participants are responsible for securing consent for posting copyrighted material.  By using this board, participants agree to hold the owner of the board, its moderators, and all other participants harmless with respect to any loss, injury, claim, liability or damages arising from the use of material found on this site or on any third-party web sites accessed through links on this board.